When it comes to new HVAC installations, ductless mini-splits are gaining traction on the popularity of traditional systems. Superior energy efficiency is just one of the factors driving interest in these zoned-for-comfort systems.
A Zoned Approach to Indoor Comfort
If your home or business can’t easily accommodate ductwork, a ductless mini-split offers an attractive alternative to central air. Instead of relying on a network of air ducts, ductless mini-splits deliver air directly into designated zones or living spaces. Individual air handlers are used to accomplish this remarkable feat of engineering. Each indoor unit links to an outdoor unit through a conduit line connected to the back of the air handler. The absence of ducts makes ductless systems adaptable to a variety of applications.
- For additions to existing structures, a ductless mini-split is ideal. It allows you to heat or cool a specific space without making expensive alterations to your current HVAC system.
- If you’re installing an HVAC system for the first time, going ductless offers significant financial benefits. Lower energy bills over the life of the system can offset the initial cost of installation.
- A ductless AC install allows you to cool only the spaces you’re occupying, saving you money on energy expenses. A reduction in wear and tear means you’ll also spend less on ductless AC repair.
Customized Heating and Cooling
Like conventional heat pumps, some models of ductless mini-splits provide both air conditioning and heating. You can stay comfortably cool on the hottest days of summer and warm all winter long. Because each air handler operates independently, you can also set different temperatures in different zones. Hand-held remotes make it easy to adjust settings from wherever you are in the room. As a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, we offer an array of ductless systems with advanced features that let you customize your comfort.
- Variable-speed compressors conserve energy by adjusting operation to match your comfort needs.
- A dehumidification mode keeps you comfortably cool and dry when summer humidity levels skyrocket.
- Multiple fan speeds and oscillating louvers let you enjoy just the right amount of airflow in every season.
We Are Your Local Ductless Experts
Not every HVAC contractor has the expertise required to install, repair and maintain ductless mini-splits. You need NATE-certified specialists with years of experience working with these advanced comfort systems. Whether you need ductless AC repair or a new installation, you can trust the team at McDevitt Air.
Since 1979, we’ve been dedicated to keeping you comfortable year-round. As a family-owned company, we live where we provide our services. That’s why we’re happy to provide a 100% money-back guarantee and 100% customer satisfaction for home and business customers living in Savannah or Pooler, GA and Bluffton, SC, and the surrounding areas.
To learn more about the benefits of going ductless, give the professionals at McDevitt Air a call. We’re happy to schedule a free consultation to help you explore your options.